Once upon a time, I blogged about an Eggnog Cupcake with Spiced Rum Buttercream Frosting. It was glorious. I tried to update the blog post, and, yep, that was not working. So, here’s a new one for you. Thanks so very much Will Cook For Friends for the cupcake recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 Tbls. spiced rum
- 2 or more Tbls. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 18 muffin tins with liners.
- Whisk together sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggnog, rum and vanilla extract.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light. Add the egg and mix 2-3 minutes.
- Turn mixer to low speed and add 1/2 the eggnog mixture, followed by 1/2 the flour mixture. Repeat until the last of the eggnog and last of the dry ingredients are added. Mix until flour is barely incorporated - do not over mix.
- Spoon into lined muffin tins, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- Cream butter on med-high speed in mixer. Add 1/2 powdered sugar and blend well.
- Add rum and remaining powdered sugar.
- Add heavy cream until desired consistency.